When the school originally became part of the National System of education in 1849 it was under lay management. Over time the Catholic Church gained control of the majority of primary schools. Catholic authorities viewed the system of clerical control over primary education as a moral necessity for their followers. In Bansha N.S, Rev. L.J Browne P.P became the first clerical manager in the 1880s.
Eighty years later, in the 1970s, Boards of Management were introduced to primary schools and subsequently clerical influence declined. Paddy Flanagan became the first lay chairperson of the Bansha Board of Management in 1996. Clerical influence continues with Rev. Joseph Haugh P.P. remaining on the board.
Even at that late stage the work was done on a voluntary basis mainly by Matthew O'Shea assisted by his son Matthew and John Flanagan. Paddy Hanrahan and his brother Austie also lent a hand. Sr. Dominica O'Shea donated the toilets and hand basins from a secondary school in Newcastle West, Co. Limerick, where she was principal. In 1996 this voluntary effort was replaced by a grant-aided toilet block with a small staffroom and built by George Morrissey, Mullagh. During the construction period school attendance continued in the church in Bealaha.
In September 2006, following Department of Education & Science grant aid (Devolved Schools Grant), 2 classrooms, a resource/learning support room, an office and staff room were completed. This extension was built on land that had previously been purchased from Joseph Fitzpatrick. A new play area and a green play area was developed. The Board of Management of the school appreciated all fundraising endevours by the parents and the local community for this project.
In September 2010 The second floor was developed to accomodate a new office and storage. The rear of the school was extended to accomodate a storage shed.